What we are searching for:
The Director of Video Production is charged with spearheading our video content for 2017 and beyond. This is a full-time job involving development of concept, production and post-production of multiple creative video projects in succession. It also involves working internally with our editors, graphics designers, content team and external partners, pitching ideas and understanding our partners’ needs for promotional/engaging content. This job will require you to relocate to Berlin, Germany, to live near our Gaming House, which is located in central Berlin
You must have experience with video recording, editing, production and post-production. You will be recording the lives of professional players across the numerous games we represent as they live together, practice for and participate in some of the most prestigious leagues and tournaments in esports. You are highly organized and a fast learner who keeps tabs on everything going on in the esports industry, not just from a game specific, community level, but an overall business and brand awareness perspective as well. You will be the sole responsible for your own projects, from planning to editing.
G2 HQ – Berlin, Germany
- Plan and execute creative video content for G2 Esports in 2017 and beyond
- Join creative sessions with our content / design team for project kick-offs
- Manage smaller side-projects from concept through completion
- Cooperate with our Content Manager, Brand Manager, Graphics Designer, Video Editors and G2 Partners to create exciting social media output and marketing programs and competitions that connect and engage with our online fan base.
- Proven working experience in video production (portfolio and/or showreel)
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity, etc
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Social personality
- Someone who naturally works well in a team environment.
- Experience in remote working / distributed teams (you like to travel and work with people from around the world)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Knowledgeable of the esports industry and premier esport game titles and their respective communities
- Ability to consistently communicate with players, staff and management.
- Experienced user of Google apps like Mail, Drive etc.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, including tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player. We want someone who can pitch us ideas instead of waiting for assignments.
Nice to have:
- BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Experience working for esports news/community sites, a team, organization or similar
- Avid gamer
- Native English
What is it like working at G2 Esports?
You will be surrounded by experienced, successful and ambitious co-workers that will automatically push you to your limits. This job also gives you access to a wide network of respectable people and companies in and outside of the industry.
We offer an undisclosed monthly salary (negotiated during interview) for the duration of a full-time, trial period.
Granted possibility of being offered a full-time, paid job in esports with the eventual requirement of being permanently based in Berlin, Germany, as long as you prove yourself qualified.
How to apply
Please send an email with a short description of yourself and examples (portfolio/showreel) of previous work and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, January 11th.
Trial basis with option of being hired full-time.