We are looking for a Marketing Director to lead and expand our Marketing team!
With your extensive marketing and branding knowledge, you will help to lead, develop, and shape our Marketing team and brand portfolio. As the director of the G2 Marketing Team (Brand, Content, Social Media, Event and PR) you are not only able to understand the G2 brand, but are able to bring it to life with creative input, brand expertise, and great leadership skills.
You will lead our exceptional Marketing team consisting of a tight knit family of outstanding talents. With your guidance, the G2 brand will continue to grow and come to life. You will engage closely with the Commercial team to ensure a cohesive and actionable plan for the implementation of marketing and branding efforts. Furthermore, you will oversee all influencer and talent marketing efforts to expand our fan base. This role will involve working closely with our PR agencies, keeping up-to-date with current market and consumer trends, and identifying opportunities to help grow G2 Esports’ global footprint.
The role as Marketing Director will be located in our HQ in Berlin, Germany.
- Leading and developing the Marketing team (Content, Brand, Social Media, Event and PR)
- Building a marketing plan synchronized with financial plan and deliverables on marketing KPIs
- Developing a strong and cohesive brand strategy in line with our brand attributes and that incorporates all operations, including player and talent, commercial and merchandise, events, and more
- Ensuring the G2 brand is properly activated and represented in all consumer and commercial executions
- Taking full responsibility for all Marketing activities and deliverables
- Closely aligning with commercial team to ensure all efforts are sellable and/ or can be commercialized
- Closely aligning with talent and gaming to ensure all assets are fully activated from a marketing angle
- Strong ability to analyze data and market environment, and to understand insights and consumer trends to inform marketing strategy
- Understanding of community-building and management
- Building a social network around Berlin and potential other locations towards Media, Politics, and other official institutions such as Universities, etc.
- Acting as Point of contact for all PR
- Undertaking continuous analysis of market environment and consumer trends
- 8-10 year management experience with marketing teams and the entire landscape of marketing (Product/Brand/Communication on/offline)
- Strong esports, sports or digital entertainment experience
- Demonstrated experience building, managing, and leveraging a network of influencers/ talents
- Experience building and strengthening brands and managing a multi-brand environment
- Overseeing the creative process from concept to execution
- Native digital and entertainment understanding of audience creation and community management
- Extensive experience in building and managing a target-driven budget
- Used to and thrive working in an agile and fast-changing environment
- Perfect English language skills. Other languages are a bonus
- Deep understanding and enthusiasm for a multicultural internal and external business environment
- Experience shaping a global strategy
Your Benefits working at G2 Esports
Work Culture: You will be surrounded by experienced, successful and ambitious co-workers that will push you to your limits in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere. A workplace where loyalty, trust, empowerment and feedback are valued.
Perks: Competitive salary; Performance Bonus; great IT equipment; flexible working times; G2 Esports Welcome Pack
Development: Work closely with one of the best within esports and access a wide network of respectable people and companies inside and outside of the industry.
Got you interested?
Please send an email including an introduction, motivation letter and CV (PDF only) attached by clicking the “apply for this position” button.
If you have any further questions, feel free to send them directly to [email protected]
We’re looking forward to receive your application and to read why you consider yourself a great addition to G2 Esports!
Apply for this position